Saturday, March 22, 2014

Bolex Long Take


When I first heard about having to go to school on a Saturday I was not happy at all, but I was surprised by how much fun I actually had at the shoot. It was a little bit difficult in the beginning since no one in our group had ever used a Bolex camera before. We spent a good chunk of time stumbling around trying to figure out how to load it correctly, and making sure that everything was in the correct position so that our footage would come out properly.

I also felt like everyone really came together as a class and worked well and I know I personally got to know some people in the class that I had never spoken to before. Having the freedom to shoot whatever we wanted to was really fun but also kind of scary because if we messed up we didn’t have a teacher there to ask for help. However, I think the fact that there wasn’t a teacher there forced us all to step up and take more responsibility and take this assignment very seriously.

Overall, I had a really good time working with the camera and developing the film on our own and I think it was a really great learning experience and a really great bonding experience for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment