Wednesday, March 5, 2014

St. Louise Response

I was really surprised with how rough the film was. I feel like it had a very rock n’ roll vibe between the song and the images, whereas the first film we saw on the first day of class was more classical and delicate appearing. Another thing I noticed was that the music didn’t match up with the visuals, instead sometimes showing seemingly random clips of video or colorful patterns. Something that really popped out to me was the part where something that looks like an enlarged green hair follicle was shown. I’m really curious as to what kind of method they used to get that pattern and effect.


I definitely saw a few placed where they used hole punching, scratching, and inks/sharpies. I also really liked the animation, especially in the middle with the arrows moving around because it looked so continuous. Another thing I really enjoyed was the incorporation of brighter colors towards the end of the video. I personally really enjoy really bright and vibrant colors so I particularly enjoyed that. Overall, I thought this was a really cool and well-done video.

No comments:

Post a Comment