Saturday, March 15, 2014

Bridgman Packer

The workshop our class did with Bridgman Packer was a very unforgettable experience. I was originally interested in what exactly they did and looked forward to learning about but I wasn’t exactly thrilled when I discovered we’d have to be dancing. I personally felt really uncomfortable and embarrassed the whole time and I definitely would have enjoyed the workshop more if I could’ve just watched and not had to dance in front of everyone. I think that all the things that they’re capable of doing by incorporating video into their live performances is really cool but the traumatic experience of dancing in front of so many people kind of ruined the workshop for me.


However, the performance on Friday night was really exciting. I particularly loved the first piece “Under the Skin.” My favorite part would have to be when they were using the dresses and putting one half of themselves onto the other. I thought that was really awesome and I really enjoyed it. Some of the backgrounds gave me a headache, especially when they were words or letters moving really quickly and the music was kind of repetitive and also gave me a headache. Overall, what they’re capable of doing by fusing live video, pre-recorded video, and live performance is really fascinating, inspiring and fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment