Friday, January 31, 2014

Synesthesia


I had never heard of synesthesia or cymatics before reading and watching this material. I was really surprised to read that synesthesia isn’t being actively studied anymore. I would have thought that something as fascinating as this would have a lot of people interested in finding answers about how a person gets it and how it manifests in those people. In my opinion, chromesthesia sounds the most interesting out of all the different types. I would enjoy being able to see sounds because that sounds like such a beautiful thing, especially when you listen to music. This music video is sort of how I imagine chromesthesia synesthesia to be.




My favorite part is at :40 when the strings come in and the red color blends with the blue. I think it is very beautiful and when I was reading the Wikipedia article I immediately thought of this video.

The video where Evan Grant discusses cymatics was very fascinating and the examples that he showed were all really cool. The ways that sounds can be seen and shown are so interesting and it’s a really beautiful thing to see. I particularly enjoyed this video of someone using colored sands to make different shapes with sounds.



Overall, these readings and videos were so exciting and cool to watch and I learned a lot about things that I had no idea existed before!

No comments:

Post a Comment